But I have so many I’ve never finished…so many abandoned…but my new otp won’t get out of my head
Attention, all portal fans! If you’re interested in participating in a recorded musical of Portal 2, this is a summer project of mine that I hope to get started as soon as possible. I already have music and lyrics, crew and a list of involved characters. All I need is a cast! If you’re interested in a show where you can act and sing without being seen, this would be a great opportunity for you to immerse yourself in. The entire musical will be recorded digitally and put together in the format of a radio show. Sound effects, music and voices are all we need. If you are interested, I am holding tryouts for the next two months so that I can assign parts and get right into putting it all together.
- Because all of this will be done over the internet, you will need a microphone in order to participate.
- You must have your askbox open if you are trying out. If you get picked for a part, we want you to know about it personally!
- If I feel that perhaps you are not being responsible enough to send in your lines and songs, I will give you a warning but I will also have to replace you if you persist.
- If you do not accept your part (by messaging back with an acceptance), then you will be replaced by someone else which is why…
- We need as many people as possible! If you know some of your followers might be interested, signal boost!
- There is a specific song (lyrics found here, music found here) for your audition, but don’t feel like you have to follow the song’s style (unless you’re personally interested in singing it exactly or you feel you have a good voice for that octave) or the exact notes. This is an audition! Show me what you’ve got! Personal style and preference in singing is what I’ll be looking for when assigning parts. You also do not have to merge your voice and the instrumental song (all I need is your voice, I already know how the song goes, alright?)
- There are no specific lines or monologues that you must audition with! You can read a monologue of your own, or you can read lines for a character you’re specifically trying out for. The character list is below (broken into large and small speaking parts), and so is my contact information for questions, comments or concerns.
- Scripts will be released to the cast after auditions are finished and cast members have been selected.
- All cast members will get to interact with each other in order to collaborate with ease through GoogleDocs. This is optional, but it’s a great way to get to know the people you’ll be working with for a project like this one! Share with me your email if you are interested in participating in something like that.
CHARACTERS - LARGE SPEAKING/SINGING PARTS:
- Cave Johnson
- Oracle Turret
CHARACTERS - SMALL SPEAKING/SINGING PARTS:
- Adventure Sphere
- Fact Sphere
- Space Sphere
- Dr. Doug Rattmann
- Turrets (very large number of parts)
- Defective Turrets (very large number of parts)
- Turret Cubes / Frankenturrets (very large number of parts)
- Jerry the Nanobot
my email: email@example.com / my tumblr inbox
Basic Drawing Exercises:
How To Draw “Good” Lines:
Learn How To “Control” Your Pencil:
How Shading Works:
How To Shade & Blend:
Shading, Lights & Form
How To Built Up Contrast: